A replacement footbridge for the existing structurally unsound bridge. This new bridge takes design ques from the original 1901 bridge of exposed external girder trusses and straight running access stairs. This was in aprt an answer to Heritage Victoria’s request that the replacement have sympathy with the former bridge and the Heritage listed Moreland Station building. The palette of materials has been kept simple, with a steel structure, concrete stairs and deck and corten steel panel sidings, perforated with the letter ‘M’ for Moreland.
Design and documenting for and on behalf of Studio B Architects Aust in association with Fine Design Engineers
3D Imagery Credit: Jonathan Gibb 2010